Why Korean car don’t have better sales results than Japanese cars in Malaysia? In my opinion, Kia & Hyundai cars are more reliable and better built. But why can't they beat Japanese cars (such as honda, toyota, even mazda) in Malaysia on the selling performance? I think Japanese cars are not as good as before…
  • Mamak Talk
  • 137 followers

Up to 20% higher than average trade-in price

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Honda

City Hatchback

Comments

Radhi Ruzaini

Authorized SC should oversee Hyundai & Kia operation in North America. CKD operation & fleet sales (Kia optima & Hyundai Sonata as taxis) over there is very competitive against Japanese car companies. Not to mentioned, maintenance & spare part cost ‘harga rakyat’ that American/Canadian owners get to enjoy.

14 Mar

·

Leo Martin

Malaysian Always prefer the resale value rather than quality. H and T is symbol of pride for them. only kia and hyundai user will know the real feel when using those car. Im of them, test drive H and T B segment on 2016, i just feel like im driving my old viva when it's cme to suspension and stability matter. So i go for kia, really satisfied with what they gve for what we paid

4 Feb

·

• fergie

you mean the higher resale value of H and T is due to the superficial pride instead of quality, even though the users have taken a test drive before buying it, why is that?

4 Feb

·

Daniel Tan02

very simple actually. its nothing to do with after sales. its because korean cars have such lousy drive feel. They just dont feel good to drive especially on highways. On paper 1.6Turbo engine. in reality, it performs like a 1.5 NA engine. Korean cars technology is just not on par with Jap at all. Yes Korean cars might have better quality interior and NVH but thats about it. In terms of actual real life driving experience, all Korean cars feel lousy and cannot command their asking price.

3 Feb

·

• Rahim Che Mat

@Daniel Tan02 Rented car??? ha ha ha. Tyres are bad, alligment also bad, engine tuning is bad. All rented cars are bad. unless you rent a brand new car with bellow 1000 milaege

18 Mar

·

• Rahim Che Mat

Bullshit! you never drive korean car b4. Sonata yf 2.0 vs camry 2.0 Which one is better. Camry mcm sampan bila bawa laju. You must be too old or insane when you say myvi is better than Cerato 2.0. I met myvi every on the highway n for me, myvi is a good car utk beli sayur. If you think myvi is good, meaning you didnt have a car b4 purchasing myvi. I drive sonata yf 2.0since last 10 year. I did a little mods only, on the highway byk kereta jepun 2.5 mkn asap. Bear in in mind Hyundai is the third largest car manufacturer in the world behind Toyota n VW and the brand is very well acceptable all over the world exept Msia. Msia people still living in the cages , not knowing whats happening outside.

18 Mar

·

• 8 Comments

AQIL ADAM

Market is about branding. Once you establish good branding, the market will sustain it. Jap cars had good branding and thus, successful in sales to date no matter what crap they cook out. On the other hand, Kimchi branding tarnished back in the 90s and 2000s due to reliability and FC issues (Remember the Kia Sephia and Carnival V6 of old). Mid 2010 onwards, slowly gaining repu from Forte, Optima and Sportage... then bombshell on management of Naza & Hyundai-Kia. I am proud to have owned Forte b4

3 Feb

·

• chin siew

I've heard that the comfort level and the soundproof even the design for Kia Forte is definitely amazing, but the after sale sevice is disappointing...

3 Feb

·

bryan chin

aiyo, for malaysian, definitely low resale value so no worth lo. you dunno meh, every hot cars have good resale value de ma. everything can link with resale value.  

2 Feb

·

View More Comments

Trending Discussion