Toyota Hilux 2.8 AT 4x4 vs Ford Ranger 2.0 AT 4x4! Which car do you recommend? Both prices only differ a bit. They have the same fuel tank capacity. Both got adaptive cruise control which can control the acceleration and brake. I need some advice in terms of their performance, engine and reliability. Any owners here can give me feedback?
  • Mamak Talk
  • 214 followers

Get a deal on your trade in within 24 hours!

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Perodua Axia

Comments

Ahmad Radhi

Hilux (performance,engine & reliability consideration). But Ranger 2.0 is sweet,sweet riding pickup truck on tarmac.

18 Jun

·

Joe David

Ford is more expensive bukan?

18 Jun

·

Cindy Wong

Aww I just love Ford, dont ask me why~

18 Jun

·

Fu Shun Wong

It actually depends what are you going to use them for? If its just daily drive in the city and not serious loading then ranger is good because of the lower road tax. However, you need to do more TLC especially the oil change for the engine, gearbox, front and rear diff. If you are more to overlanding and your work requires to do heavy load then go for the hilux. This is because of the bigger displacement, but if the ranger still offered the 3.2L and 2.2L then you can still opt for the ranger but again you need tlc. Currently the ranger offers the 2.0l which is sufficient for daily city drive and long distance drive without constant heavy load but if its for heavy usage or overlanding you have to decide again as the smaller displacement can cause the engine to give problems under heavy stress. E.g: smaller engine with two turbo - you are putting more pressure into something small which eventually will crack. And from experience and hearing other mishaps from sources, the new ranger 2.0l is not that reliable as the previous model. so if you want something to last go for the hilux. but yet again is your decision. im just explaining from my experience as i was a ranger owner. i sold mine after 2 years but now looking to get a hilux… hahaha

18 Jun

·

CJ Loon

Go for Hilux, it is well known in terms of reliability

17 Jun

·

View More Comments