** This article is published on WapCar Community. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
Car: Perodua Myvi 2018 (MG3) "H" varian;
Owner: David Wang, Age- 25,From Melaka, currently working in kl;
Reasons why I bought this car
This car is a temporary gift from my mother when she made the purchase during my final year of my law degree back in college, and currently have been using on my daily commute to work. I am very grateful for such gesture from my family. During that period when the previous government had abolished the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and set to 0% compare to 6% prior to 1st of June 2018, This was the most desirable time to purchase a vehicle. Furthermore, the car would most likely to pass down to my younger sister (I'll buy my own car on my own money in future) and a Myvi was a secure choice for fresh graduates like me or my sis. Me and my mum adores the looks of the Myvi especially with the combination of the new colour that is Granite Grey.
Car selection process
- I had a budget of: My mum had a budget of RM40k - 50k
Models that I have considered include: Me and my family did consider either a Proton Saga or Perodua Bezza
Reasons why I chose this car
Initially my preference is a Proton Persona paired with a manual gearbox, as mentioned in consideration for the benefit of the majority in the house, an automatic transmission (AT) is best suited for the rest of my family members, as my parents are getting old and inconvenient (when they use the car from time to time) and my sis would be more convenient to drive a hatchback paired with (AT) in the city.
- I have already done 30000+ km.
As for now since I am the most frequent user of the car, I can safely say that I had a very good time driving it. During the span of 2.5 years , it doesn't failed me for getting me/ my family from point A to point B without any issues. I enjoyed driving very much on any types of roads such as highways, mountain or twisty back roads. Even though, the Myvi is not the most suitable car for these roads coupled with sprited driving manner, I had great fun driving along with the limits of the vehicle and myself of course. During my days in college and my present working life, I find it convenient driving around the cities ferrying passengers (... and dates >.<). In my personal opinion, this latest generation (3rd) Myvi is the best looking car in the Perodua lineup and was on par with the sporty looking A class or Golf in terms of exterior.
- Fuel efficiency, was slightly better than average for it's class
- Light steering, ample of passenger space and boot space
- Very good looking exterior and as well as interior (hmm quite similar with Jazz's interior) LED headlamps
- Respectable safety features and spec (although my spec did not include ASA) even without ASA , it was well equipped compare to modern cars standard.
- Handling was average but notable improvements over the previous generation
- *Adrian from Wapcar, do take note* The ratio/timing of the 3rd gear, is way too short for any usable power for overtaking or mid range acceleration which is crucial at all times, as a result it kept up shifting to 4th gear whenever it can. The 1st , 2nd and 4th ratio was well balanced. I am slightly disappointed the Adrian's review disagrees with the issues of the gearbox.
- Lastly, poor fit and finish on Perodua end product. the back seat, back door(both) and boot door, basically everything in the back rattles away which I suspect lose plastic panels or internal wires. Amusing it may be, the rattlings will shift from time to time with different areas. It may be a minor issue and nitpicking on my part (little OCD).
Quality & Features:3
Price & Cost:4
Despite the minor issues on the cons of Myvi gen3 , I will definitely still recommend this car as it performed adequately and caters the needs of the majority.
Last but not least, I apologise for offending any readers and also including members of Wapcar, as the content above is just my personal opinion. Do feel free to try out the Mvyi (showroom or from friends) to get a detailed picture. With that, I rest my case, thank you!
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.