** This article is published on WapCar Community. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
2020 Toyota Camry 2.5V
Reason why I bought this car
Day to day drive.
Car selection process
- I had a budget of RM: 250000
- Models I have considered include: BMW 320i/330i, Lexus NX 2016, Toyota Mark X 2017
The reason why I choose this car:
- comfort/less bumpy compared to previously owned BMW F30
- brand new compared to recon car
- reliability (previously driven a Camry XV50)
- something roomier than a 3 series
- not a big fan of SUV
- simple and nothing too complicated kind of car
I have already done 5000 km.
Simple yet great comfort is what this car offers whenever I sat in the car and the amount of space is just nice for the family with two child car seats at the back. My wife used to complain about the space in the BMW F30.
Overall handling has improved so much compared to the previous XV50 that I have driven for a year or two (but still a very comfortable car). Taking corner will be quite at ease and confidently done. It may not be as good as the BMW F30's handling but it's pretty close.
Total Score: 5
Quality & Features: 4
Ride Comfort: 5
Fuel Economy: 3
Price & Cost: 5
Pros & Cons
- A very simple car that allows you to enjoy your ride without too much sophisticated buttons/controls/interface.
- Some say this car is lacking of Android Auto/Apple Car Play but I can live with that since I only need the quality speakers, radio and bluetooth to connect to my phones for both music and making calls.
- Comfort level is fantastic to me even if it's not the best in class (have not driven Mazda 6 nor Honda Accord). Can barely feel the potholes/uneven roads/speed bumps.
- The 'organic' driving claimed by many is pretty accurate. Handling is somewhere close to the BMW F30. It's good enough.
- Slightly under power for a car this size in this modern age. Would be perfect if it comes with the new Dynamic Force engine. Good luck to those who might be getting the facelifted model coming out soon but perhaps at a steeper price.
- Fuel economy is not that great. Clocking about 25cents/km on average with mostly city drive.
- Pricier road tax.
A good buy and perhaps a car that I can drive around for the next 10-15 years without much hassle. Choose a car that makes you happy. I was happy with my BMW F30 for its performance and handling but it wasn't comfortable for my family. This was shortlived as my family is growing and the foreseeable higher maintenance cost has gotten me to decide to change to a more spacious and of course, reliable car. I have grown to love the Camry for its simplicity and it's no longer the well-known 'uncle's' car.
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.