** This article is published on WapCar Community. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
Basic information about my car
2012 Hyundai i10 1.25 Kappa CVVT (A)
Reasons why I bought this car
I was a Hyundai Salesman back then. Dad was looking for a city car. Dad bought an i10 1.25 from me.
Car Selection Process
I had a budget of 55,000
Model(s) that I have considered include: None
Reasons why I chose this car:
I was a Hyundai Salesman. Dad patronizes me. We save a 20% rebate or RM10,500. 10% Year made subsidy (2012 bought 13) and 10% Advant Speed Staff discount. Dad tendered a nice no, so also need a car to put.
I have already done 93,900 km
Since the purchase, my thoughts about the car are:
Before we purchase, the i10 was sitting in Kah Bintang Yard for 11 months. So bound to have side effects. Example: Rusty Radiator system, Bald spot tyres, smelly interior. Thank God all rectified under warranty. The i10 was "Leased to my tenant for 18 months in Dec 2013". When I get back the i10 in July 2015 I was shocked at the mileage. The i10 only covered 5,500km in 18 months. The radiator rust spread to the Throttle body and water pump and clogged the cooling system. Again, the warranty saved the day. Since then, the car's been relatively trouble-free.
Everything about the car's great. Except for Tiny boot space and High Fuel Consumption. (more on that later)
Pros & Cons
Great handling and comfort, A segment but rides like 1.6 Elantra, High-speed stability up to 160km/h (top speed 175km/h). Acceptable performance at 87ps and 120Nm torque. I enhanced it with some performance mods (more on that later).
Higher seating position than normal sedan car (Kenari height). Relatively cheap to maintain (slightly cheaper than my other car, Civic FD2 2.0-S). Great Legroom and headroom for 5 adults.
Thirsty (averaged 10.5km/l) or 300km. Best 525km and worst 230km per 32 litres fuel tank
No water temp gauge
Few mods options
Small boot space 225litres
Total Score: 4
Quality & Features: 4
Ride Comfort: 5
Fuel Economy: 3
Price & Cost: 5
Hyundai i10 1.25 CVVT. A comfortable A-segment that possesses N.V.H and high-speed Stability of C-segments. Highly recommended nippy city car.
Interesting events that happened to my car
The Front grille garnish peeling off and my bonnet was scratched by my Golden retriever Bobby. I decided to Oracal 950 wrap the Bonnet White Carbon fiber effect and Glossy Red grille garnish. Damage RM260 at RS Wrap.
Among the major expenses were:
1) 3 rounds tyre change (latest one 5 months ago). Recent tyres change CEAT Eco Drive. Made in India tyres with 440 threadwear and A/B rating. Fresh tyres too at week 4819. RM500 for 4 tyres including alignment, balancing and labour.
2) HUD - OBD II socket. RM68 investment via Shopee. I need this because the i10 don't have voltmeter and water temperature gauge,
3) 70mai Pro Dash Cam with Wifi, GPS, LDWS, FCW, Parking mode.
4) Mods include K&N Drop in Air filter (RM265), Denso Iridium plugs - RM100 (same code as Kia Cerato 1.6), RS Dynotune Piggy back ECU (RM650) and bendix metalking front brake pads.
5) The car rides comfortably with 5 adults and their luggages on board to Ipoh. It's so smooth that all my 3 passengers behind felt asleep despite me driving between 100km/h to 160km/h.
6) So far the i10 only been into 1 "staged accident". A deaf-mute motorcyclist came from nowhere (at 8pm) at high speed and scraped off my front bumper (see photo). His motorcycle already damaged without Headlight, only loud noise and "Bang". I left my handphone no to the Deaf Mute and I report police. 2 days later his brother called and asked for compensation. Somehow this "accident" repeated or experienced by many other people in PJ community. Apparently, the Deaf mute was a "Stuntman" staging this accident over and over again... Thank God the Bumper can weld back to its mount and brackets and damage RM200 only.
7) This happened recently. I drove over flooded waters - Gasket and 1 cylinder entered water. Need top overhaul. Gasket top set, thermostat, plug cable, radiator hose, Drive belt, new Engine oil and oil filter. Damage RM1,230. Cheaper because I sourced all the parts from Hyundai parts wholesaler in Jln Kuching. Only bought Engine oil and drive belt from the mechanic + labour. Lesson learnt. Don't speed during heavy rain...
8) Future plans: I planned to do 2 things only: Firstly, upgrade the Stock Head Unit to Android + Mirrorlink player. Secondly, Wrap the whole car (See photo below) 2 tones. Like New Hyundai i10 (lower half Ice blue and upper half Glossy black) see photo enclosed.
Next ride: I am looking to trade in this i10 for Used 2017 Hyundai Ioniq HEV or New Proton Persona Hi-line with RM60k budget.
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.