How to improve SUV stability at high speeds? I often drive as fast as possible and feel like my Aruz is not stable. I feel every bump in the steering wheel and it just feels very light. Any suggestions to stabilize my car? Like adding a spoiler or getting a new suspension?
  • Perodua
  • 414 followers

Get a deal on your trade in within 24 hours!

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Honda HR-V

Comments

Muhammad Danial Arif

>buys SUV >drives as if trying to evade police >complains about poor high speed stability If you wanted a stable car that you can drive fast in but practical at the same time, you should have gotten yourself a big used sedan/wagon at the same price range. Now you have to spend thousands more on suspension and handling upgrades to make it feel seemingly planted on the road. Otherwise, change tour driving style to be less aggressive.

1 Jul

·

Dinesh Ong

How young are you man? I understand your situation where I am driving an 2006 Innova. Got the car when I was in mid 20s. There some some roads suitable for high speeds where as some is not. This current model (my car) has no ABS. I almost lost control of my car, for about three times. If you still want the need for speed (all the time) maybe this Aruz is not suitable for you. If once awhile, you wanna speed, then maybe you can do what I am doing. Here are some tips for safety, if you want to keep this car. 1. On small roads (other than highways), speeding is a no no. This MPV car can easily over turn. Especially at corners. 2. When it rains heavily, drive below 70km/h (on normal roads). Below 90, if on highway. 3. If you want to be naughty, you can speed at highway. However, best to keep within legal limit. There are other lives on the road too. 4. For more stability, you can ensure your tyres are properly inflated. 5. For more throttle response, you may install throttle response controller. Since our cars are heavy, by default the car feels heavy. With this component added, car will feel more powerful. However, bare in mind, on the points mentioned above (1-4). You won't feel like your car is lesser. At the same time, you feel your car is powerful. Drive with caution Bro. Stay safe. Hope the above helps. Take care.

1 Jul

·

Elvin Eu

Sell your car

1 Jul

·

kelvin lam

Wider wheels should help a bit

18 Jun

·

Meng Kheng Tan

Maybe don’t speed all the time?