WapCar Help
Hi Guys, can I get some reviews on the Suzuki Swift 1.5? Like maintenance, durability, spare parts & service please? Thanks in advance
  • Mamak Talk
  • 214 followers

Hassle-free purchasing, get your next car fast!

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Toyota Rush

Comments

Hoo SH

As an owner of a Suzuki Swift 1.5 myself, the maintenance of the Swift is basically really straightforward, as much as any Japanese brand. Since Suzuki had already exited our market since 2016, the parts are widely available for the 1.5, as its has been sold in Malaysia since 2005 to 2011. Halfcut, new parts, recon, you can get it. Original parts are a little bit on the high side if you wanna compare with Toyota or even Honda, but Suzuki spare parts are reliable and you won't regret after making that purchase. Especially the engine mounts. It all depends what you think about durability. If someone wanna take the Swift off road, of course is a no no. Jokes aside, city driving is pretty neat and snappy. The car feels just right in the midst of KL. Its small, easy to park, visibility is good and you won't experience claustrophobic as Swift has a relatively good headroom for the driver and passenger. Its short wheelbase of course sacrificed some of the leg room, but it ain't good as Honda Jazz or City. Highway durability is good too. Just the rear wheel bearing can get a little bit noisy over time, but engine, transmission and the major parts are on par with Toyota durability. Ride comfort wise, it feel comfortable on highway too and doesn't ride like a boat, but rather planted and maintaining a good amount of fuel consumption to make don't stop at the fuel station that often. Yes, is a 4 speeder automatic, but the automatic gearbox is smooth, need a little punch to overtake, but all is okay as the car is tuned towards more balance than punchy. I hope I answered your questions and given some thought on how maintaining a Suzuki will be. (Kindly pm me for trusted spare part dealers and workshop too)

1 Oct

·

WapCar

Hi, thanks for taking part in the forum. The Swift is a reliable car. A couple of us in the office has it and although its relatively not-as-famous as other Japanese brands, you can still see it around our roads. Spare parts are not hard to source and most mechanics out there can maintain one for you. It's a nimble car thats also good on fuel, and it's actually a very fair choice!

16 Sep

·

JTTJ1982

Wanna talk about its interior problems. I personally feel that there is not enough space in the car, especially the rear leg space.😥😥

16 Sep

·

azhar janis

Been owning it for 8 years now,very reliable and good daily car.Fuel consumption is good and spareparts are easy to find+ a lot of halfcuts.The handling also good. If u have budget,go for Swift Sport,u wouldn't regret it.

16 Sep

·

Elise BiBi

Speaking of maintenance, you want to know the price or the method?

16 Sep

·

View More Comments