Any harm if I always drive on low petrol? During MCO, i dont drive a lot, so my petrol is at low levels, is it harmful to keep driving like that? Feel very wasteful leh wanna refill when not going anywhere
  • Mamak Talk
  • 214 followers

Hassle-free purchasing, get your next car fast!

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Toyota Corolla Cross

Comments

Aaron Lim Zhi En

I see that a few have explained that it will damage your fuel pump. So I won't bore you by telling you the same thing. Instead, I will tell you a personal experience. I had a habit to pump fuel when my petrol gauge is at the last bar & blinking. There's this one day, in which I allowed the last bar to blink longer than normal. I kept it at that level for about 2-3 days coz I wasn't going out. & then when I did go out, I wen to a friend's house. Then I went to pump petrol after that. After I filled up the tank. My car couldn't start. But I knew it wasn't the battery problem. I was confused coz everything should be fine. Then I just waited. I tried starting a couple times but it wouldn't start. After about 20-30 mins. I managed to start my car again. So turns out, its probably because the fuel pump overheated. As the petrol level is probably way too low & the pump probably wasn't submerged in petrol. & I never waited till the last bar to blink ever again 🤣

10 Mar

·

aziz wahid

Rather than keeping your car always low level, why not keeping it at half tank. Atleast not worrying it might damage your fuel pump or catalytic converter or the sudden urgent needs to leave your house incase got family emergency in wee hours?

8 Mar

·

Ruby Hsu

Stick a sticker on your car to remind yourself la  

8 Mar

·

DRAGON LING

Have the probability to mess up your engine in the long run   

7 Mar

·

john chak

Fuel pump will damage