WapCar Help
Should I pump RON95 or RON97 in my CX-5 2.0L? Which is better? What's the difference between them?
  • Mazda
  • 243 followers

Hassle-free purchasing, get your next car fast!

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Mitsubishi

Xpander

Comments

Anderson Anderson

Power

27 Feb

·

Edward Tan

Prefer ron97 because its more clean, I tried to see the difference myself by pumping ron95 and ron97 for 2 different time of car services. Ron97 seems to keep the used engine oil more clean, while used engine oil with ron95 is darker than my future.

8 Nov

·

• James Xu

@Edward Tan Oh got it. Noted with big thank!

9 Nov

·

• Edward Tan

@James Xu Technically yes based on my opinion& exp, as ron95 seems to cause the used engine oil to have some sort of solid particle like "dirt" while ron97 didn't. Heard from my uncle who runs car business for over 20 years strongly advised me to avoid ron95 as some of his client's car broke down due to frequent pump of ron95...

8 Nov

·

• 3 Comments

Kevin Lim02

The high compression ratio of skyactiv engine is best to go with high octane fuel (higher ron number). However it doesn't refrain you from pumping ron95. Ron95 is consider premium fuel in countries like Thailand. There are tests being conducted where the result shows more horse power being generated when the car is using higher octane fuel but its up to driver to justify the differences vs the cost.

7 Nov

·

• James Xu

I heard that for the petro skyactiv engine, using ron 97 will prolong the lifespan of the engine? Do you know why? Is that also related to the high compression?

8 Nov

·

Rosli Samat

BMW F10 dan mercedes e pun guna paling rendah ron93

6 Nov

·

• Alex Chong

But the engines are different

6 Nov

·

Muhammad Ammar Zakir

is there any lower than ron 95? never heard ron 87 or ron 85