Owner Review: The unorthodox choice made with sensible factors: My 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid 1.6 HEV+

• Living with Cars
  • 136 followers

Owner Review

Get a deal on your trade in within 24 hours!

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Honda City

Comments

Muhazzan Mansor

In 2004 when I was shopping for new car to replace aging 1990 Nissan Bluebird I considered 3 cars; Hyundai Matrix, Kia Spectra,and Waja 1.8. Ruled out Waja due to concern on Renault sourced engine and mostly negative feedback from Waja 1.8 owners. Yeah down to two Korean cars which were definitely left field choices in early 2000. Was heavy on Spectra but decided to test drove Matrix which at that time was locally assembled under Inokom. Fell in love immediately and booked one. Till now I am loving the car. I have 2 Korean cars so far Hyundai Matrix which I still have till now and in Saudi bought 2013 Kia K3 Cerato which was a truly buy and drive car in 7 years owning it. The only repair I had to do was to replace the steering column bushing. Other than that wear and tear stuffs. Sold it as I had to come back. So who said Korean makes crappy cars?

16 Aug

·

Germaine Liew

"Most are factless stereotype, some are urban myths, those whom actually bought them know the truthful truth." This is the reason why when is comes to asking about Korean cars, NEVER EVER ask the general community. Most of them are just gonna say "Kimchi bad, don't buy". When you get to speak to actual owners, I'm talking about models from the last 5-10 years, you'll realise that what most people have been saying are greatly exaggerated. (Those who say "Don't buy" and claim they have owned one in the past, chances are it's a really old model that nobody cares about, and absolutely does not represent what Korean cars are today)

16 Aug

·

Chun Keong

Those aunties and uncles never owned a car like the Ioniq. Not every Japanese car is good and not every Korean car is bad, though. While people started to pay attention to eHEV in 2022, Ioniq achieved it a few years back. What a sensation it is to drive one of them.

16 Aug

·

Shaun Lee

One of the taxi and private hire workhorses in SG. Prob the next most popular after the prius and Vezel... (Not including the many many ex-Uber Attrage and Mazda 3 that have become either scrapped and become car sharing fleets respectively)

16 Aug

·

TeeHedge Chan

Out of left field but a really good choice.

16 Aug

·

View More Comments