2005 Proton Saga LMST
Reasons why I bought this car
I bought this Saga LMST is because I have to travel to Penang for college. In Penang I treat it as a daily car.
Car selection process
- I had a budget of RM15,000.
- Models that I have considered include: Proton Wira SE & Proton Saga LMST
- Reasons why I chose this car: Mainly is the alphabet of the number plate suits my nick name, overall car modification and also manual transmission for better driving enjoyment.
- I have already done 100,000 km.
I bought the car from 2nd hand dealers I begin to slowly upgrade from parts to parts,from interior to exterior to engine and etc.
Upgraded/Changed item as below:
- extractor 4-2-1, mid custom bullet & Remus exhaust
- lightweight camshaft, crankshaft, water pump pulley
- rear brake drum to rear brake disc
Pros & Cons
- get to learn more control of driving manual
- economic & reliable
- spare parts are very cheap and easy to find
- save fuel (can achieve 410km)
- interior space limited
- lack of interior storage space
- lack of ABS
- stock suspension too soft leads to bodyroll very bad
Total Score: 5
Quality & Features: 3
Ride Comfort: 4
Fuel Economy: 5
Price & Cost: 4
A very simple car which can get you from point A to B. Easy to drive & maintain.
Future upgrade engine plan:
- engine overhaul
- changing engine block from 1.3 to 1.5
- change new sets of suspension
Interior upgrade plan:
- wrap the seats to leather
- star sky top (just like a Rolls Royce)
- audio upgrade to a next level
Something to add
After I done my college I went back to Ipoh (my hometown). When I'm back I slowly met some new friends which are towards autoshow. From there I begin started to modified/invest even more on making the car looks even better for the competition.
Manage to win 12 trophies throughout the competition.
- Proton Standard 1st Runner Up
- Proton Standard 3rd,4th & 5th place
- Proton Extreme 4th place
- External Audio SPL 5th place