** This article is published on WapCar Community. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
- Model: Honda City 2020 (GN2)
- Dealer Name: Motoria Sdn.Bdn.
- Dealer Location: Seberang Perai, Penang
- Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: 86221.45
- The Price I Paid: 86221.45
- Vehicle Delivery Time: 3 weeks
Previously I am driving a Myvi, model 2009. After all the years of torture, the Myvi eventually start to show a lot of "sickness" and almost every 6 months there is something need to fix. Therefore I decided to get a new car.
Basically, the car is for family needs, commute to work (average 75km per day) and enough space for me while balik kampung. Therefore, I come with a list of "must-have" requirement
- Spacious - so my queen and princess will not complain
- Large boot size - can carry two car seat or many pieces of lighting equipment for the photography session.
- Air-cond vent for the rear seat
- At least more powerful than my Myvi.
- I have a budget of RM 90-110K
- Models that I have considered include: Proton X50, New Nissan Almera, Honda Civic 1.8S
- Reasons why I chose this car:
- Good looking. I like the front design with LED head lamp, especially the RS chrome delete design.
- Rear air-cond vent
- BIG boot size
- 4-cylinder engine (no confident to 3-cylinder and turbo)
- OTR price lower than my budget, so got extra money go for coating, better tinting or expensive floor mat. May be PS5 XD
- I have already done 800 km.
Overall I will rate the car 8/10
This generation City looks big, or I should say it looks like a c-segment car. The ride is good, the driver can feel the tires and road surface through the steering. rear seat decline angle is comfortable. The handling is OK, when do turning more than 80km/h, you can feel the body roll a bit. High speed is stable. the power steering gives us a very light weight feel, but during high speed, it feels a bit heavy. NVH is good when low speed, ok when high speed. the engine noise quite obvious when you ramp up the engine. The driver seat is good, the side support gives you enough support when you are sweeping corner.
Pros & Cons
- Good head unit - Got Apple car play and Android Auto. Google map, Youtube music and Waze all seamlessly support.
- Nice steering design, warp with leather, thick enough, nice to grip...
- Fuel consumption is low. one tank around 550+km. (60% city drive + 40% highway drive)
- Ugly speedometer - Compare to the others, the new city speedometer is very plain. like a Viva.
- Cost down compare to last-gen - no auto fold side mirror, no adjustable rear seat headrest.
- Ivory white interior - in 2 days I already make my ivory leather at the door handle dirty, therefore need to pay extra attention to that.
- lane watch is good, but only at one side and this only provide passive notification for blindspot.
- lack of new safety features compare to competitor
Total Score: 5
Quality & Features: 4
Ride Comfort: 4
Fuel Economy: 5
Price & Cost: 5
If follow the budget and requirement, new Honda City sure is the best option at the market at the moment. Overall I am very happy with my car. Compare to SUV, I still prefer to Sedan which give you better handling and sporty look. with the spacious design, I think this car allows me to have one more kid. XD
Lastly, any interesting events?
The front design really looks like Accord. My relative thought I bought a Honda Accord until he notices the size is smaller. From the rear design, I park my car at IKEA next to a BMW G20, my friend recognises the wrong car from the back.
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.