Owner Review: It's all about my father's passion to buy a Mercedes - 1996 Mercedes Benz W210 E230

• Mercedes-Benz
  • 157 followers

Owner Review

Hassle-free purchasing, get your next car fast!

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Toyota Corolla Altis

Comments

Ashwin Thanda Pani

The car has been done up very nicely. What are your tips for maintaining this beast? I'm due to take over my grandfather's model, exactly same as yours, but just concerned over the maintenance etc..

26 Jun

·

aaron G

This car was my first MB and due to the problems and quality most likely my last. At 100K the engine (in-line 6) began leaking oil at the head. I have also had electrical problems with the dash and rear tail-lights. I could live with these issues but the other day while driving down the road my front left spring fell out! The spring pearch had rusted off. If I was going faster someone could have been killed as my spring went bouncing down the road!

2 Jan

·

billy nyc

Probably the most stylish car I ever drove, the gearbox is smooth, and i like the way the car handles speed, no wind noise inside the car, best audio system, an especially mesmerizing speed which can go a long way.

1 Jan

·

Andy Vince

One of the most reliable coupes in the market. Not the fastest 2 doors you'll find but it is comfortable, good mileage, very sporty. 

1 Jan

·

EmoGuy

Trans went out at 150000 miles. Electrical problems and an emission gremlin that has never gone away. At 200000+ miles, oil seep that I've just lived with for 6+ years of ownership. Annoying but easy to deal with. Squeaky belt but since none of the components running off the belt has ever been replaced.. guess it's not that big of a deal. The fuel pump went out but easy to repair plus it was the original. Again not a big deal.. Lots of little things but parts are easy to find, just as cheap/expensive as any car. But easier to repair than any Japanese car I've ever owned. Just need to figure out the little tricks the engineers designed to make repairs easy. This car will go 300K miles.

1 Jan

·

View More Comments