** This article is published on WapCar Community, representing the opinion of users. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
Basic information of my car:
2021 Mazda CX-8 2.2D
Reasons why I bought this car
I need a new car for my daily ride to work, which can be a multi-purpose vehicle, great maneuvering package,powerful engine, comfortable for my both mother and mother in law (at least 3 row passengers car), fuel save and a bit stylish looking.
Car Selection Process
I had a budget of: MYR 400,000.00
Models that I’ve considered included : Volvo XC90 T8, Mercedes Benze GLB250, Hyundai Santafe
It wons in all aspects from the shortlisted model I above-mentioned. Powerful car with comfort near to Lexus standard, reliable in all aspects. Value for money.
- I have already done 36, 455km
- My average fuel consumption is 16.5km/L.
It's a unicorn. The all new 2022 Mazda CX-8 2.2D is no longer with AWD feature. I really appreciate this feature as the 450Nm torque produce by its ICE really need the AWD. I've been save twice by the AWD from skidding during the heavy rain on the highway in Malacca (both at the same route).
Pros of my car:
- Fuel save. My daily ride Dengkil - KLCC - Dengkil (100 km/day) using MEX highway with mix driving style (sometimes monkey mode turn-on) can get 18.5 - 23 km/l of FC. Usually I'll spend about 45 ringgit weekly for the Euro5 B7 diesel fuel for this car. For long distance, a full tank of 76 litre can go up to 860km (with some liters left for reserve) - tested twice.
- Great handling, thanks to Mazda's GVC.
- Great NVH level. If Lexus rating is 9/10 for NVH, my car absolutely 7.5/10.
- Latest technology diesel engine with VGT turbo which provides wide range torque delivery at any rpm.
- Mazda Jinba-Ittai-ness won't make you so long to get along/assimilate with the car (unless you are a fat guy, you need to slim down a bit to get comfort on the "saddle").
- My Soul Red Crystal CX-8 2.2d with many chrome line all over its body will make people think it is an "uncle car" - slow and sluggish. But many times I easily smoked the entry level German's cars and Malaysian all time favorite Honda models; Civic on the highway.
Cons of my car:
- Small things like bushing/bearing could easily worn-out. I changed my both front strut bearing and bushing twice within a year. Could be cause by our country's road conditions.
- Cannot talking like China made/re-badged cars. The most boring part.
Total Score: 4
Quality & Features: 4
Ride Comfort: 4
Fuel Economy: 5
Price & Cost: 4
I started looking for diesel engine car when I realize that no matter how good I taking care of my car wellness (in term of engine performance), the petrol cars reliability will not the same like diesel's.
Mazda CX-8 2.2D as of now satisfied me in all aspects; ride purpose, capacity, value for money, comfort and the looks.
I think I'll keep this car for a long time.
I did a long journey with this car for 5 days. Starting from Dengkil - Klang - Ipoh - Batu Ferringhi - Gerik - Kuala Kangsar - Genting - Seremban - Segamat - Pontian - Dengkil with total 2200km ++.
A great car for a long distance, to bring a long my small family (2 daughters, a wife, my mother & my MIL), powerful enough to get at the peak of Genting safely, confident during heavy rain drive.
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.