New Car Express
Does the rear drum brake have poor braking performance on Honda City? Honda City has a powerful engine. However, it has a rear drum brake. should I worry about the bad brake performance?
  • Honda
  • 485 followers

Get a deal on your trade in within 24 hours!

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Toyota Corolla Altis

Comments

kenny kong

Drum brakes are a way to cut costs but ignore safety.Let me show my reasons:

1. Drum brakes are very afraid of heat attenuation, it can resulting in longer braking distance.The braking effect is not as good as expected.

2. The brake system responds slowly, and the pedal force of the brake is not easy to control, which is not conducive to high frequency brake action.

3. Parts are too complex to be repaired not easily.

In short, drum brakes are usually used in older cars.In order to reduce the cost, the manufacturer still uses the drum brake. However, the cost reduction should also be carried out under the premise of ensuring our safety.So I think drum brakes are a safety hazard.

28 Oct

·

Ezanie Bin Abdul Aziz

I prefered disc brake front n rear with no ABS than to have a FR Discs brake n RR drum brakes with ABS... Drum brakes took longer distance to stop a car (even it's a Perodua Axia)...

1 Nov

·

ahmad M

Rear drum brake is enough for the B-segment sedan cars with small NA engine. It never disappoint me in terms of braking perfomance!

30 Oct

·

Danny Wong

Come on! We're talking about the drum brakes for REAR wheels. We already have disc brakes for the front wheels, which finish most of the braking tasks, so why not use cheaper and more energy-efficient drum brakes on the rear?     

30 Oct

·

kelvin lam

In fact, drum brakes are slightly better in terms of braking power, though the poor heat dissipation could degrade drum brakes' performance. but the lower maintenance cost can make up for this disadvantage.     

30 Oct

·

View More Comments