WapCar Help
Am a first time buyer. May i know what are the technical side to look for in purchasing a car? thinking between Toyota Vios E and Honda City E? Thanks in advance for your help and opinions
  • Toyota
  • 359 followers

Hassle-free purchasing, get your next car fast!

users traded-in for dream car
Add your car

Upgrade

Proton Iriz

Comments

Beng Yeo

if u r young boy, I prefer u get city, if u r uncle, u can choose vios. But current vios not nice  

14 Oct

·

WapCar

Hello BJ, Hi BJ! Thanks for dropping in! Right, first things first, most of these cars are somewhat similar already. You are going to get CVTs (assuming new cars), and 1.5-litre non-turbo engines. Technical wise, it's good for you to pay attention to the maintenance costs in the long run, and availability of spare parts. For your shortlists, they don't seem too different, so you most likely won't go wrong. Don't forget fuel consumption too! You may want to consider safety features, however. Airbag counts, ISOFIX mounts, seat folding capabilities, tyre replacement costs, etc. These are some pointers you can use, but we're open to talking more if you so choose!

14 Oct

·

Steven chee

For the safety feature, you should choose Vios. It has seven airbags, blind-spot warning and rear cross-traffic alert. Toyota always does well in the safety part.

13 Oct

·

darren chew

I pick Vios over City because of the QC

13 Oct

·

Daniel Teoh

Up Vios E!

Just take a look on the new Vios:

1. well-weighted steering feel

2. reassuringly positive braking response based on wears larger brake rotors 

Tech side:

Engine: 1.5-litre four-cylinder, FWD  Output: 107hp / 140Nm  Transmission: 7-speed CVT  Performance: 0-100km/h in 10.0 seconds; top speed 185km/h (both estimated)  Wheels/tyres: 195/50 R16  Safety: 7 airbags, Electronic Stability Control  Warranty: 5-year/unlimited mileage 

13 Oct

·

View More Comments