** This article is published on WapCar Community, representing the opinion of users. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
Basic information about my car:
2020 Honda Civic 1.5 TCP
Reasons why I bought this car:
Looking for a spacious family sedan that ticks all the boxes.
Car Selection Process
- I had a budget of 150,000
- Models that I have considered include: ugeot 3008, VW Tiguan, Toyota Corolla Altis
- Reason why i choose this car is because of the Spacious interior, equipped with ADAS, low maintenance as parts are easy to find, high resale value.
- I have already done 11,000 km.
- My average fuel consumption is 12KM/L.
- first car owned with CVT transmission. A bit awkward at first due to fact that cvts are loud when spiritedly engaged. However it makes up for fuel consumption with normal driving condition it can go up to 15-16km/liter which is impressive for a full load sedan with a turbo engine.
- comfort wise its not there yet. due to the grippy michelin tyre. but the suspension does the job quite well into bumps and uneven roads.
- powerful and tuneable engine. I did a tune up on the engine with Hondata Flashpro, the result was amazing for a stage 1 up to stage 2 tune. Really engaging and more lively.
- with a family of four inclusive a newborn the car is adequate. ample space, isofix on both rear seats, foldable rear seats really helps alot.
Pros and Cons
Pros of my car
- good performing engine best of both worlds, fuel consumption and performance
- Honda Sensing ADAS is a must for all cars nowadays really ease alot
- availability of android auto/apple carplay
- rear folding seats is a bonus
- 18" wheels with michelin PS4 tyre
- interior lighting can be more pleasing with LED rather than old bulbs
- interior upholstery is mediocre, can be more premium as the name suggest
- rear LED combination taillamp is a joke, should be all LEDs like front headlamp
Total Score: 4
Quality & Features: 3
Ride comfort: 3
Fuel Economy: 4
Price & cost: 4
When this car first introduce in 2016, i was not a fan due to the design a bit awkward and too much going on with the rear view of the design, but after the launch of its facelift in 2020, with all the upgrade it needed it really got my attention. overtime the design grew into a well accepted facia of the car. but what made me choose it because the value for money thats it. With the c-segment market shrinking and SUVs is the future, i needed a more spacious boot space than what an SUVs bring to the table. A sedan will always win for a family of 5 or less. it can be an executive yet family oriented, best of both worlds for many. plus the heritage that the brand have it was the best choice i made for the next 7 years of ownership.
I tune and mod my car until today. with the available aftermarket parts from japan such as honda access accessories (original accessesories for honda vehichles in japan), mugen, spoon sports and others brings a lot more the car can offer. the car now really a joy to drive. cheers!
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.