** This article is published on WapCar Community, represent the opinion of users. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
Basic information about my car:
2008 BMW E60 525i LCI
Reasons why I bought this car(purpose):
I have always wanted to own a BMW, particularly an E60. Ever since I saw it in a Petronas Merdeka short film, I've been in love! The design when it first came out was a masterpiece!
Bought it as a 3rd car, more of a weekend sports car for drives with fellow Bimmers on weekends.
Car Selection Process
- I had a budget of RM 70,000
- Models that I have considered include Mercedes C200, Audi A4
1. Sexy design (Bangle's masterpiece)
2. The price (A RM400k car when it was first introduced)
3. The engine power (2.5)
4. The community (there are a number of groups of E60 owners in Malaysia who are really helpful on their experience, usage, technical details and etc)
- I have already done 10,000 km
- My average fuel consumption is 8.4km/L
- Powerful engine and gear transmission of ZF8.
- Fuel consumption is a downside, the car itself weighs 1.5 tons. The diesel 520d is a better choice if fuel consumption is the priority.
- Really spacious for a 5 seater. Kids love it.
- The cabin soundproofing is really top notch! You'll be amazed how fantastic it is to be driving and only enjoy the music and decent conversation with the passengers.
Pros and Cons
Pros of my car
- Hi speed at its best, easily touched 200 kmh without even realizing it (if you are a speed demon, however, I don't encourage exceeding the speed limit).
- Spacious for a sedan.
- Quiet cabin, soundproofing of a BMW is superb!
- Sexy looking machine, one of its kind!
- Superb handling by BMW
- Fuel consumption is a downside (go for 520d for better fuel consumption)
- Parts are easily available, lots of workshops and distributors. And they are not cheap either of course, it's a German machine not a Proton! :)
- Buying a 2008 unit, be prepared with extra cash for some parts replacement, repair and etc (15k), that should be sufficient.
Total Score: 4
Quality & Features: 5
Ride comfort: 5
Fuel Economy: 3
Price & cost: 5
Feel of a German BMW sheer driving pleasure with an E60 525i especially car enthusiasts and speed demons out there. It's masculine, it is sexy looking, it's ever relevant in 2021. Reasonable price for a pre-owned unit. You won't regret it!
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.