** This article is published on WapCar Community, represent the opinion of users. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
Basic information about my car:
2020 Honda City 1.5L V, Platinum White Pearl, RM 86,561
Reasons why I bought this car(purpose)
Main purpose is I need a car that is comfortable for a long distance trip from Klang Valley to Terengganu (my hometown) and I also have frequent road trips with my family for a vacation. I need to ensure all my luggage fits in the boot and at the same time my family can have a wonderful and comfortable experience throughout the long journey.
Car selection process
● I had a budget of: RM 100,000
● Models that I have considered include: Mitsubishi Xpander, Toyota Vios
Reasons why I chose this car
Boot space and passenger comfort is my biggest priority. Honda City suits what I need. Boot space and rear seat space is the biggest among its class. It is really comfortable to be in the rear seat with the addition of a rear aircon vent. No problem at all for long distance travel.
I have already done15,000km, and my average fuel consumption is 14 km/l.
Before purchase, I'm not really interested on Honda City but after test drive, I'm amazed for its comfort and performance. For a price tag under RM100,000, I feel Honda City is really worth every penny. There no issue at all on comfort. It also has plenty of power with a fun driving experience, thanks to sport mode and paddle shift. One of the secret advantages of this car compared to its rival is the surprisingly outstanding sound system out of the box. It is very unusual for manufacturers in B-segment cars to focus more on the sound system. Detail separation, bass level of the music is really pleasant to ear. After sales service is the best for me. If I have any problem, service centre will try to find solution. It's maintenance cost also, so far is very reasonable.
Pros and Cons
Pros of my car
- Fuel Efficient
- Flexibility of driving experience with choice of ECON mode, Normal mode and Sport mode with manual paddle shifter.
- Refined engine and driving experience
- Good NVH and comfort
- Rear A/C vent
- Outstanding sound system
- Class-leading boot space & rear legroom
- Honda Lanewatch camera that are really useful to overcome blindspot
- Easy to find accessories and spare parts
- Relatively cheap to maintain
- Quality can be improved further. Some parts such as the rear boot release switch are really thin. There are many cases where that switch is broken.
- Suspension also needs to be improved because handling can be a little unstable when in high speed cornering.
- I wish Honda could revise their features in the next car release because I feel Honda should give features that are common for a car below RM100,000 for example front parking sensor, 360 all view monitor, Honda Sensing (same as Toyota Safety Sense and Nissan Safety Shield).
Total Score: 5
Quality & Features: 4
Ride comfort: 5
Fuel Economy: 5
Price & cost: 5
Honda City is a complete package for a B-segment car. Even though Honda City doesn't have bell and whistle technology, it is still a perfect car for those who are looking for space and comfort. I'm also having fun driving a Honda City that has enough power delivery and at the same time not compromising fuel consumption. Overall, if you are looking for a well rounded car with some twist of fun driving, I'm sure Honda City is the answer. If you ask me, I never regret purchasing a Honda City and I'm very certain that this decision is the best in my life.
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.